Saturday, March 23, 2013

Your Memory Will Carry On

"...if you stay I would even wait all night
or until my heart explodes
(how long?) until we
find our way in the dark and way out of harm
you can run away with me
anytime you want" -Summertime

This afternoon I saw my friend wrote on her facebook wall said that My Chemical Romance had broken up. I stared on her status for some minutes to understand her words. I wrote a comment on her status telling it was a bad joke, but she said otherwise. It was true. MCR has officially dead. Unconsciously, I cried while reading the news and their last words on their official website.

"..it was the roar of the crowd
that gave me heartache to sing
it was a lie when they smiled
and said you won't feel a thing
and as we ran from the cops
we laughed so hard it would sting..." -Disenchanted

They are not just a band. Their songs had inspired me since I was in junior high, until now. Especially their songs on The Black Parade album. They made me realized what life is and ought to be. They had been a part of my life since then. And now they're gone. I still can't believe they decided to split up after all this wonderful time they get along very well, despite that they had different drummers on each album they made.

The legend is no more. But memories of them will remain and keep inspiring thousands of people who listen to their songs. "We'll carry on".

My Chemical Romance (2001-2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment